A uniform (gi) is required and can be purchased at the Red Dragon Bookstore.
Verbal Judo and two page book review.
Students are expected to wear an appropriate Gi and belt to class. When not wearing the Karate gi students should wear comfortable clothing such as sweat pants and a t-shirt or a sweatshirt without a hood.
- no footwear at all
- no jewelry of any material
- no hats or bandanas
- fingernails and toenails kept clean and trimmed
- regularly launder the clothing you work out in
- all infectious conditions must be reported to the instructor
- do not bring food into the class
- chewing of gum is not permitted
- all students must show respect for one another
- senior students and instructors are in charge at all times
- sparring is not allowed for beginners
- students must be on time for class; depending on how late you are for class you may be asked to watch rather than participate in that class
- students may not leave the room without the instructor's permission
- all electronic equipment must be turned off
- no profanity within the classroom
- plus/minus grading will be used for the Beginning Class for those students who opt to take the course for a letter grade
- grades are based upon the student's progress and effort as well as practical exams which are given at the middle and end of the term
- attendance is also taken into consideration. At the meeting of the first class a handout will specifically explain the class attendance policy.
THE STUDENT SHOULD BE AWARE THAT KARATE IS A FORM OF PHYSICAL EXERCISE AND THAT WITH ANY FORM OF EXERCISE THERE IS ALWAYS THE RISK OF INJURY.