|| Autobiography for ______________________
Circle Year: Fr, So, Jr, Sr, or Graduate
Your first assignment is to write an autobiography so that I can
learn more about you. This is also a good beginning to writing your résumé.
They will be kept strictly confidential.
You will earn full credit if:
- you adequately cover all of the questions in essay style (NO Bullet Lists);
- use a word processor and computer printer to print it on 21.6 x 28 cm paper
(we ARE metric!), one side only, two (2) page limit not including this form;
- use this form as a cover page with no plastic folder and staple
all sheets together at the top left;
- hand it in on time;
- correct the grammar, spelling and punctuation.
You can jump to the reading topics
, the bottom
of this page, or back to my
You are encouraged to include any "juicy" information you wish to share, but
please cover at least the following questions:
- Who are you and where is your permanent home?
- Why did you choose to come to SUNY @ Oneonta?
- What is your preferred academic major and why did
you choose it?
- What are your special qualities?
- What career experiences (classes, jobs, hobbies/interests)
have you had?
- Who or what encouraged or discouraged your interest
in a particular career?
- Why are you taking this course?
- Why did you choose this section /instructor over alternatives,
- What grade do you realistically plan to earn? How
will you do so?
- What are your feelings about taking this course? about
chemistry in general?
- What do you intend to do after graduation?
To help me plan the rest of the course, please skim the sections in your
book and tell me which you do and, more importantly, do not want to study
this semester. We will try to focus on what interests most of the class.
Which of the textbook's topics interest you, and which don't; and why?
Courses taken (T)
previously or presently enrolled (E):
|___ CHEM 111 (General I)
||___ CHEM 112 (General II)
|___ CHEM 221 (Organic I)*
||___ CHEM 322 (Organic II)
|___ CHEM 226 (Elementary Organic)*
||___ CHEM 35__ (Physical)
|___ Other Chem (#____, Name_____________)
||___ Other Biology (#____, Name____________)
|___ Bio 100 (General Biol. I)
||___ Bio 200 (General Biology II)
|___ Bio 212 (General Genetics)
||___ Bio 201 (General Biology III)
|___ Earth Sciences (#____, Name______________)
|___ Physics/Astronomy (#____, Name_________)
|___ Highest Math (#____, Name_________________)
|___ Related Courses (#____, Name___________)
Please indicate any medical or personal condition (i.e. diabetic, hemophiliac,
chemical sensitivity, allergy) which your instructor might need to know in
Would you like to go to the top
of the page, or back to the questions
or to my
If you have questions or comments, write the:
Author of this page: Terry Helser -
Web Coordinator: Philip Bidwell -
Or return to the SUNY @ Oneonta Home Page
to see where we live and work.
Last Modified on 6/28/2010